The Fort Lauderdale Beach business community’s highest priority is the safety and well-being of our residents and visitors and residents. We are receiving updates from local government and health authorities and closely monitoring the outbreak of the novel coronavirus known as COVID-19. To help stop the spread of the virus and aid in social distancing, our beaches are temporarily closed, select events have been canceled or postponed, and local businesses are operating under various conditions.
We will update this page with information as received and look forward to seeing you again on Fort Lauderdale Beach
The sand portion of Fort Lauderdale Beach from Harbor Drive to just south of Oakland Park Boulevard is closed to the public, and the following are in effect
- No Standing or Sitting on the Wave Wall
- No Parking in City Parking Lots or Garages on the Barrier Island
- Remaining at minimum 6′ from other persons
In accordance with Gov. Ron DeSantis order and City of Fort Lauderdale Mayor Dean Trantalis, all bars, nightclubs, and in-restaurant dining will cease operation at 5 pm on March 17, 2020, for a minimum of 30 days.
Restaurants are however permitted to operate curbside takeout and delivery.
Bubba Gump Shrimp Company: Enjoy 10% off your to-go orders through March 31. Just call Bubba Gump Shrimp Co on Fort Lauderdale Beach between 11 – 7 pm at (954) 463-0777 to get your curbside to-go order started. For delivery order online via DoorDash or Postmates
Cafe Ibiza & The Sweet Spot: Receive 20% off Pick Up / Take Out orders placed directly with Cafe Ibiza by calling 954-468-9953 or FREE Delivery through Delivery Dudes daily from 8 am – 10 pm when you enter promo code: StayPutFTL. View the limited menu on their website at https://www.cafeibizaflb.com/delivery
Cafe Del Mar: Take out options available from 8 am – 10 pm. Call (954) 414-1024
Con Murphy’s Ocean Bar & Grill Open for takeout and delivery through Grubhub. Call (954) 686 – 2699 for menu and information.
El Taquito: Open for take out and delivery. Please call. 754-206-2044
Las Olas Oceanside Park Saturday Farmers Market: To purchase produce and baked goods from our Farmers Market vendors for Home Delivery, please visit the Las Olas Oceanside Park Facebook Page for more information
Wild Thyme Oceanside Eatery: Open for Pick Up daily. Call (954) 567-8070 for more information
World Famous Parrot Lounge: Open daily with their full menu for curbside pick up. Call (954) 563-1493 to place your orders by phone and visit their Facebook Page for daily specials and package store options.
CLOSED until further notice
- 3030 Ocean
- Burlock Coast
- Casablanca Cafe
- Elbo Room
- El Vez
- Hooter Beachplace
- LuLu’s Bait Shack
- The Market at Bahia Mar
- McSorleys Beach Pub
- Park & Ocean
- Pelican Landing
- Riva Restaurant
- Rock Bar
- S3 Restaurant
OPEN as reported. Please confirm with each business
- Broward B Cycle view the station map on their website
- Las Olas Oceanside Park Market ( Virtual Online Market )
- Sun Trolley view website for route and time changes
- Sunrise Paddleboards special offer $20 paddleboard rides 954-440-4562
CLOSED until further notice
Please visit their website and social channels for updates and information
- All Spa’s and Gyms have been ordered closed at least until April 18.
- Bonnet House Museum & Gardens will remain closed until further notice. Please visit their website for a virtual tour and follow their social channels for updates
- Birch State Park
- Bluefoot Pirate Adventures is offering a Buy 1 Get 2nd half off special valid through April 15 for future sailings any Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday at bluefootpirates.com
- Fishing Headquarters
- Fort Lauderdale Beach Yoga by Donation
- Galleria Mall
- Jungle Queen
- Sea Experience
- Water Taxi
Many large public events have been canceled or postponed including:
- Friday Night Sound Waves – Suspended until at least April 17
View special Facebook Livestream performances every Friday night from 6:30 – 9:00 pm
- Friday Night Music & Makers Market – Suspended until at least April 18
Shop the Maker’s Market Online
- Fort Lauderdale Beach Yoga by Donation – Suspended until at least April 12
- Las Olas Oceanside Park Farmers, Antiques & Artisan Market – Suspended until at least April 18. Shop the Farmers Market online
- Greater Fort Lauderdale Food & Wine – Rescheduled to Aug 5-9, 2020
- Tortuga Music Festival – Rescheduled to Oct 2-4, 2020
- Fort Lauderdale Air Show Rescheduled Fall 2020. Dates TBA
- Pride of the Americas – Rescheduled to Nov 4 – 8, 2020
Please check with event organizers or venues in case of further postponements or cancellations.
Most of the Major Hotels on Fort Lauderdale Beach have ceased operations other than those specifically servicing emergency workers, displaced guests, first responders and media at the Governor’s request. Contact hotels directly for information about existing or future reservations and start planning your P.C. vacation on Fort Lauderdale Beach.
Cruise lines, including those operating out of Port Everglades, have voluntarily suspended cruising through mid-April as public health officials and the U.S. Government continue to address COVID-19. Click here for a statement from Cruise Lines Industry Association.
Officials at Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (FLL) have a communicable disease response plan in place, including ongoing cleaning throughout the day and deep cleaning each night through terminals and the rental car center. Inbound arrivals from certain countries are limited or banned as government and health officials monitor COVID-19 outbreaks. Check CDC travel advisories.
LOCAL & NATIONAL COVID-19 INFORMATION LINKS